Invercargill Hockey Association are running the 6 aside Primary School competition on Wednesday Nights at the Hockey Turf starting on Wednesday 12 May
- Primary Years 5 and 6: 20-minute halves PLAYED ON HALF TURF
- Primary Years 3 and 4: 15-minute halves PLAYED ON QUARTER TURF
- Primary Years 1 and 2: 15-minute halves PLAYED ON QUARTER TURF
- Competition will start the second week of Term 2 (May 12) & conclude depending on the number of teams & weather disruptions approximately the 11 or 18 of August
- There will be no hockey during the July School holidays
- The competition draw will be prepared during the holidays and sent to the participating schools no later than mid-week of week one in term two
Draws and competition info will only be posted on the IHA Website & Facebook page
Health and Safety
- All Players must adhere to the rules of the turf
- If you have a Goalkeeper they must be fully kitted out
- Players must wear mouth guards and shin pads at all times
- Incidents & accidents need to be recorded in the book which is kept in the clubrooms
- Volunteers such as coaches and umpires are respected and encouraged by positive feedback and behaviour
Yr. 1 & 2 – $45 per player
Yr. 2 & 3 – $45 per player
Yr. 5 & 6 – $60 per player
If your child does not have a hockey stick, the school has sticks to borrow, but ALL children must have their own mouth guard and shin pads and they must be worn at all times on the turf.
We cannot submit a team without parental help. Teachers are already spending hours after school at, Touch, Waterpolo, Netball, Cricket, Futsal, Ukulele, Kapahaka and Pasifika. They will also be covering, Gymnastics, Miniball, Rippa Rugby, Choir and Aerobics. There is only so many teachers to go around. So if you can supervise a team, especially if you are at all the games, please indicate that you can help. Training can be available if you are unsure of rules, positions, subbing etc.
Please complete the enrolment form by Friday 26 March.
This form is currently closed for submissions.